Terms and Conditions
1. Check-in by proxy is not permitted on all Ibom Air flights.
2. All passengers: adults, children, and infants, must present a valid government issued photo identification at sales, check-in and boarding gates. Parents traveling with infants without photo identification should present the birth certificate which shall be accepted as a form of identification for the infant.
3. Check-in for domestic flights commences 2 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure and closes 45 minutes before scheduled flight departure.
For regional flights check-in shall commence 3 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure and close 60 minutes before flight departure.
4. Infants must be no younger than 7 days old before their first flight. The infant is entitled to free baggage allowance of 10kg irrespective of fare class.
Baby buggies, car seats and wheelchairs accompanying the user/passenger are carried free of charge.
5. Free baggage allowance (FBA) of 30kg in Premium Cabin and 23kg in Economy Cabin is permitted per customer on each route. Baggage in excess of the FBA shall be subject to a charge payable at the airport before check-in. Excess baggage rates are available at the counter on demand.
6. On all Ibom Air flights, each passenger, adult or child can carry only one piece of hand baggage weighing not more than 7kg with size not exceeding 45×33×20cm and must fit into the Ibom Air hand baggage gauge, in addition to carry-on purse or handbag or Laptop.
7. No individual piece of baggage can weigh more than 32kg. The maximum dimensions of any single baggage are (length + width + height) = 158cm (62″).
8. Baggage–pooling or sharing of the allowed weight is not permitted between passengers traveling on the same routing to the same destination.
9. Notwithstanding number 7 above, proven families of a maximum of 5 persons traveling on the same booking reference may be allowed to pool their baggage.
10. Each passenger checking in baggage exceeding 10 pieces must notify Ibom Air at least 48 hours before scheduled time of departure to confirm space availability for the additional bags. This service may not be available at peak season, such as Christmas.
11. All checked baggage must be locked or sealed. Ibom Air accepts no responsibility for missing items kept in an unlocked or unsealed, checked baggage.
12. Passengers travelling with golf bags are allowed an additional 15kgs only as free baggage allowance.
13. Where a concern is raised by an Ibom Air agent about the physical state or unreliability of a baggage for travel, an Ibom Air indemnity waiver document must be signed by the passenger indemnifying Ibom Air of any baggage structural irregularity if the passenger decides to proceed on the journey without any reinforcements applied to the baggage.
14. All cancellations, modifications and no-show charges will be as per the fare conditions for the ticketed fare class.
15. Where a customer purchases a ticket via a third party, e.g., travel agent, voluntary refunds in such case shall be processed by the issuing travel agent.
16. Voluntary refund request on refundable tickets before travel dates shall attract a of between 25% – 30%, depending on the ticketed fare class. Refund requests following a No Show shall attract a 50% surcharge. Some fares are nonrefundable as stated in the various fare rules. Specific fare rules supersede the generic rules. No Show refers to a passenger who booked a ticket but neither used it nor canceled the booking before commencement of check-in for the flight.
17. a) Passengers with medical conditions are expected to inform the airline about their intention to travel no later than 48 hours to the date of departure, with all the necessary valid medical fit to fly documentation. On a case-by-case basis, Ibom Air may require that the passenger with medical conditions be accompanied by qualified medical personnel. Ibom Air reserves the right to accept or deny carriage.
b) Where the passenger has been accepted for carriage by Ibom Air, a medical “fit to fly certificate” must be presented at check-in and kept in readiness for the cabin crew at boarding. The passenger must arrive at the airport not later than 2 hours to scheduled time of departure.
c) Ibom Air does not accept stretcher cases for travel.
18. Pregnant women are accepted for travel at up to 27 weeks of pregnancy. A pregnant woman between 28 to 33 weeks must provide doctor’s (fit-to-fly) certificate declaring her fit to travel. Pregnant women from 34 weeks and above shall not be allowed to fly on Ibom Air. All pregnant passengers must sign an Ibom Air Pregnant Women’s indemnity waiver document before travel.
19. Passengers requiring assistance due to disability, obesity, reduced mobility or for any reason, must notify Ibom Air at the time of booking their travel on Ibom Air.
Nevertheless, all assistance will be rendered to accommodate such customers on the day of travel where there was no prior notice to Ibom Air and such will be without disruption to the on-time departure of the flights. We may not be able to assist you at very short notice or due to unavailable capacity.
- Passengers should ensure to notify Ibom Air if they will be bringing any support items (walking frame, walking stick, crutches) on board so that they may be assigned a suitable seat in advance.
- Passengers are to arrive at least 2 hours prior to departure for check-in, to ensure there is enough time for us to properly assist you.
- Note: our Cabin Crew are unable to assist with any personal needs while on board the aircraft, such as assistance with feeding or using the convenience.
It is important to note that airport facilities & services vary from one location to another. Endeavor to check with your departure and arrival airports to find out if existing facilities meet your requirements.
Ibom Air reserves the right to refuse carriage to a passenger where a safety hazard to the person/persons and property can neither be reduced nor eliminated.
20. Passengers traveling with Firearms shall declare this to the check-in counter no later than 2 hours to scheduled time of departure to enable the proper processing of the firearm for carriage with the necessary regulatory authorities.
21. Unaccompanied Minor (UMNR) Policy: Travelers must notify the airline of any Unaccompanied Minor travelling on Ibom Air 72 hours to scheduled time of departure.
However, the airline may accept an unaccompanied minor on the day of travel subject to availability of unaccompanied minor seats and no later than 2 hours to scheduled time of departure, where all necessary documentation are properly and correctly completed and made available to Ibom Air. The Unaccompanied Minor service is chargeable.
22. Passengers must declare any items of particular interest, concern or valuables contained in their checked baggage at the Ibom Air airport check-in counters before the baggage is accepted for carriage. This includes last minute bags being checked in for carriage into the aircraft cargo hold at the boarding gate. Ibom Air assumes no responsibility for undeclared fragile, valuable or perishable articles: including camera equipment, telecommunication and electronic devices, cash, jewelry, clothing, live plants etc, nor any damage such as scratches, dents, cuts due to overpacking or manufacturer’s defect.
23. For the full terms and conditions please read Ibom Air’s Conditions of Carriage.
***This document is subject to periodic review. Last reviewed – 31Aug, 2023