BOARDING & ON BOARD SERVICES
Additional Boarding & On Board Information
HEPA Filter Information
Be assured that when flying Ibom Air, you have the best quality of cabin air possible on a domestic flight in Nigeria. This is a key benefit of Ibom Air’s ultra-modern fleet of Bombardier CRJ 900 aircraft during this corona virus pandemic. All our aircraft come fitted with High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters. These are high-intensity air filters that do not just filter dust, but effectively capture greater than 99.97% of all airborne microbes in the cabin air, including microscopic particles such as bacteria and viruses. The air in our cabin circulates through the HEPA filters every two to three minutes during a flight, continuously removing 99.97% of any contaminants in the air, thus ensuring maintenance of the highest quality of air in the cabin.
In order to board any of our flights, a valid government issued or company issued photo ID is required for all passengers.
Flying while pregnant
- Ibom Air recommends that pregnant passengers (at any stage of pregnancy) should consult with their doctor(s) prior to air travel.
- Pregnant women up to 28 weeks are not required to provide documentation for travel with Ibom Air.
- Pregnant women after 28 weeks of pregnancy are required to present a valid medical report declaring fitness for travel in their condition.
- Pregnant passengers travelling from 32 weeks will be required to fill and sign a waiver / indemnity document indemnifying Ibom Air from any consequences of their decisions to travel. These additional travel arrangements should be done no later than 24 hours before flight departure.
- Ibom Air strongly advises against air travel from 38 weeks of pregnancy.
Seat size concerns
- We strive to provide a safe and comfortable flight for all our passengers.
- If you cannot comfortably fit within one seat with the armrests in the down position for any reason, then you may need to buy an additional seat. Please contact our Customer Service team for assistance with booking your flight(s).
Using electronic devices on board
At this time, use of electronic devices is allowed on board as directed by the cabin crew.
Special occasion announcements
At Ibom Air, we love to help our passengers celebrate their special occasions. If you would like to have your special occasion announcement made during one of our flights, please ask a member of our cabin crew as early as possible once you’ve boarded the aircraft. We’ll try our best to accommodate your request and make your flight a memorable one.
Children on Board
- Infants under the age of 2 years pay 10% of the ticket of the accompanying paying adult as long as they are seated on the adult passenger’s lap.
- For infants less than 2 weeks old, we require an official medical report certifying that the infant is cleared by a medical professional to fly.
- Online check-in is not available for infants.
- During airport check-in, you may be asked to provide an official document (birth certificate, passport, etc) showing proof of age of your infant in order to receive a boarding pass for your infant. Please be prepared with this document prior to arriving at the airport. Airline agents at the check-in counter may deny boarding using an infant ticket if valid proof of age is not available.
- Child fares (ages 2 – 11 years) are 75% of the accompanying adult fare.
- Fill out the Unaccompanied Minor form.
- The Unaccompanied Minor (UM) service is a paid service.
- Age range is 5 to 14 years and is offered at the fee of a full fare ticket for each unaccompanied minor.
- This service is only available on direct flights.
- Parents/guardians are encouraged to book no later than 24hrs before the flight.
- Unaccompanied minors may only check in at the airport after the unaccompanied minors forms have been duly filled, signed and verified by a customer service representative.
- After handing the UM over to the airline, parents/guardians are advised to remain in the airport till they can confirm the flight has departed the station.
- If traveling with an infant or a small child, Ibom Air strongly recommends the use of a Child Restraint System (CRS) labeled ‘approved for aircraft use’ for securing your child while on board. Please note that passengers are responsible for making sure that any restraint device brought on board is safe and appropriate for their child.
- For infants traveling on your lap, please be sure to hold them securely on your lap for the duration of the flight.
- Children are often uncomfortable during take-off and landing due to ear pressure build-up. Giving your child something appropriate to chew or swallow will help pop their ears and make them happy little fliers.
- Bringing small comfort and entertainment items (e.g. favorite snacks, activity books, etc) in your hand luggage can greatly improve your child’s flying experience.
- We recommend having a change of clothes in your hand luggage for your young children in case of any incidents.