What documents do I need to travel on Ibom Air?
In order to board any of our flights, a valid government issued or company issued photo ID is required for all passengers.
How do I make changes to my booking?
You can make changes to your reservation by going to the Manage Booking page on ibomair.com. Alternatively, you can also call Ibom Air flight reservations.
Can I reserve my seat in advance?
On Ibom Air, we offer advanced seat assignments. Seats can be chosen when you book or later via the manage booking section of our site.
Can I travel while pregnant?
- Ibom Air recommends that pregnant passengers (at any stage of pregnancy) should consult with their doctor(s) prior to air travel.
- Pregnant women up to 28 weeks are not required to provide documentation for travel with Ibom Air.
- Pregnant women after 28 weeks of pregnancy are required to present a valid medical report declaring fitness for travel in their condition.
- Pregnant passengers travelling from 32 weeks will be required to fill and sign a waiver / indemnity document indemnifying Ibom Air from any consequences of their decisions to travel. These additional travel arrangements should be done no later than 24 hours before flight departure.
- Ibom Air strongly advises against air travel from 38 weeks of pregnancy.
What if I require Special Assistance?
If you require assistance due to a disability, reduced mobility or for any other reason, please notify us during or after booking your travel on Ibom Air. Please contact us at least 48 hours prior to the departure of your flight to inform us of any special requirements you may need at check-in, while boarding and on board the aircraft. We may not be able to assist you at short notice. Find more detailed information on the Assistance page.
Which Lagos terminal do you fly from?
- Please be advised that our Lagos flights depart from MMA2 (Murtala Muhammed Airport Terminal Two).
Are face masks required?
- You will be required to wear a face mask in order to gain access into the airport terminal and to board your flight. Upon boarding, you will be required to keep your face mask on for the duration of your Ibom Air flight. This is for your safety and well-being on the flight, so that you and those around you protect one another. Luckily, all our flights are about an hour long. We believe that the protection of your face masks and continuous filtering out of contaminants in the cabin air by the HEPA filters, should combine to make your Ibom Air flight a very safe experience.
When does check-in open & close?
Online check-in opens 24 hours to scheduled time of flight departure. Online check-in closes 1 hour to scheduled time of flight departure. Airport check-in opens 3 hours to scheduled time of flight departure with the exception of the early morning flights for which check-in opens at 5.30 a.m. Airport check-in closes 45 minutes before scheduled time of flight departure. Baggage acceptance for all passengers closes 45 minutes to the scheduled time of flight departure. This rule will be applied even more stringently now due to the added time requirements for the boarding process.
What social distancing measures are you implementing at check-in?
Queueing will be done in line with the ‘social distance markings’ visibly placed on the floor. Abuse of this requirement will be frowned at and might result in offending passengers being denied check-in.
What is my baggage allowance?
ECONOMY: 20kgs total checked baggage weight.
PREMIUM ECONOMY: 30kgs total checked baggage weight.
See the Free Baggage Allowance section on the Baggage page for more details.
What if I have excess luggage or oversized items to check in?
Excess Baggage charges are ₦500.00 per extra kilogram. All items exceeding 32kg weight per piece are subject to space availability and shall have been pre-booked and paid for no later than 24 hours before the flight.
See the Excess Baggage Charges section on the Baggage page for more details.
What document(s) do I need to travel with my infant(s) on Ibom Air?
Passenger must provide birth certificate and other valid document(s) of the infant at the check-in counter. This will also be required for sighting at the boarding gate. Infants must be no less than 7 days old.
Can I check in my child's car seat & stroller?
Yes, 1 Buggy / Stroller and a Car seat will be checked in free of charge.
See the Special Baggage & Equipment Waivers section on the Baggage page for more details.
Can I upgrade my ticket at the airport?
- Please feel free to ask at counter for availability of cabin upgrade at great discounts on the day of travel.
- Upgrades could leverage passenger baggage allowance as well.
Boarding & On Board
What is a HEPA Filter?
High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters are high-intensity air filters that do not just filter dust, but effectively capture greater than 99.97% of all airborne microbes in the cabin air, including microscopic particles such as bacteria and viruses. The air in our cabin circulates through the HEPA filters every two to three minutes during a flight, continuously removing 99.97% of any contaminants in the air, thus ensuring maintenance of the highest quality of air in the cabin.
Be assured that when flying Ibom Air, you have the best quality of cabin air possible on a domestic flight in Nigeria. This is a key benefit of Ibom Air’s ultra-modern fleet of Bombardier CRJ 900 aircraft during this corona virus pandemic.
What are the social distancing measures will you implement during boarding?
- You can be assured that any Ibom Air aircraft you board has been thoroughly disinfected and sanitized prior to your boarding it, including the stairs and arm rails on the staircase, the carpet, your seats, your seat armrests, the foldable tables, seat pockets and back of the seat in front of you, the walls, the windows and the overhead baggage bins.
- You will be required to wear a face mask prior to and while boarding your flight.
Can I carry my infant on my lap instead of paying for a seat?
Infants under the age of 2 years pay 10% of the ticket of the accompanying paying adult as long as they are seated on the adult passenger’s lap.
Can my child fly without an adult?
Children ages 5 through 14 traveling without an accompanying adult passenger are considered Unaccompanied Minors (UMs). UMs are only allowed to travel on direct flights. See more detailed information regarding UMs on the Children on Board section of the On Board page.
Do you have Inflight entertainment?
On board, we serve snacks and play lively music for your entertainment.
Can I use my electronic devices on board?
At this time, use of electronic devices is allowed on board as directed by the cabin crew.
What if I forget a personal item on the aircraft?
- Items found on board the aircraft will be stored in arrival station for a period of three months.
- Unclaimed perishable items will be disposed of by close of business same day.