Find the answers to your most frequently asked questions about check-in, boarding, our Ibom Flyer loyalty, and more.
What documents do I need to travel on Ibom Air?
In order to board any of our flights, a valid government issued or company issued photo ID is required for all passengers.
How do I make changes to my booking?
You can make changes to your reservation by going to the Manage Booking page on ibomair.com. Alternatively, you can also call Ibom Air flight reservations.
Can I reserve my seat in advance?
On Ibom Air, we offer advanced seat assignments. Seats can be chosen when you book or later via the manage booking section of our site.
Can I travel while pregnant?
- Ibom Air recommends that pregnant passengers (at any stage of pregnancy) should consult with their doctor(s) prior to air travel.
- Pregnant women from 28 weeks of pregnancy are required to present a valid medical report declaring fitness for travel in their condition.
- Fit-To-Fly certificates for PREGNANT WOMEN must have a date of issue on the document and are only considered valid provided they confirm the woman’s pregnancy is safe for air travel and not exceeding 33 weeks Only. Women who are 34 weeks pregnant and above are not accepted for travel on Ibom Air.
- To be tenable on Ibom Air flights, all other FIT-TO-FLY certificates for intending passengers on Ibom Air must have an issue date not earlier than 72 hours before travel date. However, on grounds of safety and duty of care, Ibom Air, reserves the right to refuse for carriage, any affected intending passenger.
- All pregnant passengers will be required to fill and sign a waiver/indemnity document indemnifying Ibom Air from any consequences of their decisions to travel. These additional travel arrangements should be done no later than 24 hours before flight departure.
- Ibom Air does not accept for travel women 34 weeks pregnant and above.
- For further clarification, please reach our Customer Contact Center on +234 (0) 903 981 3600 and email@example.com, providing enough time for investigation.
What ages are eligible for infant tickets and child tickets?
- Children under the age of 2 are eligible for infant tickets. (Note: the infant must be seated on the accompanying adult passenger’s lap during the flight). Children from ages 2 – 11 are eligible for child tickets. For more details, click here.
What if I require Special Assistance?
If you require assistance due to a disability, reduced mobility or for any other reason, please notify us during or after booking your travel on Ibom Air. Please contact us at least 48 hours prior to the departure of your flight to inform us of any special requirements you may need at check-in, while boarding and on board the aircraft. We may not be able to assist you at short notice. Find more detailed information on the Assistance page.
Which Lagos terminal do you fly from?
- Please be advised that our Lagos flights depart from MMA2 (Murtala Muhammed Airport Terminal Two).
Are face masks required?
- You will be required to wear a face mask in order to gain access into the airport terminal and to board your flight. Upon boarding, you will be required to keep your face mask on for the duration of your Ibom Air flight. This is for your safety and well-being on the flight, so that you and those around you protect one another. Luckily, all our flights are about an hour long. We believe that the protection of your face masks and continuous filtering out of contaminants in the cabin air by the HEPA filters, should combine to make your Ibom Air flight a very safe experience.
When does check-in open & close?
Online check-in opens 24 hours to scheduled time of flight departure. Online check-in closes 1 hour to scheduled time of flight departure. Airport check-in opens 2 hours to scheduled time of flight departure with the exception of the early morning flights for which check-in opens at 5.30 a.m. Airport check-in closes 45 minutes before scheduled time of flight departure. Baggage acceptance for all passengers closes 45 minutes to the scheduled time of flight departure. This rule will be applied even more stringently now due to the added time requirements for the boarding process.
What social distancing measures are you implementing at check-in?
Queueing will be done in line with the ‘social distance markings’ visibly placed on the floor. Abuse of this requirement will be frowned at and might result in offending passengers being denied check-in.
What is my baggage allowance?
ECONOMY: 20kgs total checked baggage weight.
PREMIUM ECONOMY: 30kgs total checked baggage weight.
See the Free Baggage Allowance section on the Baggage page for more details.
What if I have excess luggage or oversized items to check in?
Excess Baggage charges are ₦800.00 per extra kilogram. All items exceeding 32kg weight per piece are subject to space availability and shall have been pre-booked and paid for no later than 24 hours before the flight.
See the Excess Baggage Charges section on the Baggage page for more details.
Can I carry Wet & Frozen goods in my checked baggage?
Wet/Frozen goods must be contained and zipped within an insulated freezer bag with aluminium lining. Properly packed freezer bag must also be professionally wrapped at the airport after security check. Note: Coolers and such similar containers are not acceptable for carriage.
What document(s) do I need to travel with my infant(s) on Ibom Air?
Passenger must provide birth certificate and other valid document(s) of the infant at the check-in counter. This will also be required for sighting at the boarding gate. Infants must be no less than 7 days old.
Can I check in my child's car seat & stroller?
Yes, 1 Buggy / Stroller and a Car seat will be checked in free of charge.
See the Special Baggage & Equipment Waivers section on the Baggage page for more details.
Can I upgrade my ticket at the airport?
- Please feel free to ask at counter for availability of cabin upgrade at great discounts on the day of travel.
- Upgrades could leverage passenger baggage allowance as well.
Boarding & On Board
What is a HEPA Filter?
High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters are high-intensity air filters that do not just filter dust, but effectively capture greater than 99.97% of all airborne microbes in the cabin air, including microscopic particles such as bacteria and viruses. The air in our cabin circulates through the HEPA filters every two to three minutes during a flight, continuously removing 99.97% of any contaminants in the air, thus ensuring maintenance of the highest quality of air in the cabin.
Be assured that when flying Ibom Air, you have the best quality of cabin air possible on a domestic flight in Nigeria. This is a key benefit of Ibom Air’s ultra-modern fleet of Bombardier CRJ 900 aircraft during this corona virus pandemic.
What are the social distancing measures will you implement during boarding?
- You can be assured that any Ibom Air aircraft you board has been thoroughly disinfected and sanitized prior to your boarding it, including the stairs and arm rails on the staircase, the carpet, your seats, your seat armrests, the foldable tables, seat pockets and back of the seat in front of you, the walls, the windows and the overhead baggage bins.
- You will be required to wear a face mask prior to and while boarding your flight.
Can I carry my infant on my lap instead of paying for a seat?
Infants under the age of 2 years pay 10% of the ticket of the accompanying paying adult as long as they are seated on the adult passenger’s lap.
Can my child fly without an adult?
Children ages 5 through 11 years old traveling without an accompanying adult passenger are considered Unaccompanied Minors (UMs). UMs are only allowed to travel on direct flights. See more detailed information regarding UMs on the Children on Board section of the On Board page.
Do you have Inflight entertainment?
On board, we serve snacks and play lively music for your entertainment.
Can I use my electronic devices on board?
At this time, use of electronic devices is allowed on board as directed by the cabin crew.
Can I carry Palm Oil on board?
Please note that Palm oil is not acceptable for carriage aboard the aircraft in any form, frozen or liquid.
What if I forget a personal item on the aircraft?
- Items found on board the aircraft will be stored in arrival station for a period of three months.
- Unclaimed perishable items will be disposed of by close of business same day.
What does the Ibom Air Passengers Insurance cover?
It covers Passengers against flight canceled after the Estimated Time of departure or continuously occurring delays beyond eight (8) hours after advertised Time of departure: N20,000.00 is paid as compensation.
Personal Accident to the tune of N1,000,0000.00 maximum compensation subject to proven medical report.
Checked-in Baggage without arriving with the flight is N20,000.
Emergency medical expense arising from Ibom Air operations during embarkation, inside the aircraft or in the course of disembarkation has N50,000 maximum limit
How much is the premium charged?
The premium is N1000 per flight per adult whilst children (between 2 to 12 yrs.) is N500 per flight per child.
Will passengers pay directly to AIICO or Ibom Air?
The insurance is purchased alongside the ticket via the online ticket platform of the airline.
Is the benefit amount flexible to negotiation?
In the case of personal accident/medical expenses, this is subject to proven medical report.
Will passengers be issued insurance certificate?
Yes, Passengers will be issued insurance certificate. The certificate will be sent to passenger-registered email.
What is the expected turn-around time for claims processing?
The expected turnaround time for payment of claims (after all documentations and execution of discharge voucher) is 72hrs.
What is the expected level of participation of Ibom Air in claims processing?
Ibom Air will confirm all passengers’ queries resulting to a claim.
Will the benefit be paid directly to Customers or Ibom Air?
All benefits will be paid directly to the customer.
What is the age limit for purchasing this Travel Insurance?
Not more than Sixty-Five (65) years of age.
What about Bags?
Kindly also note that payment of compensation for baggage delays is when the delay is more that 8hrs, as in the case of flight delays.
How do I make a claim?
AIICO Insurance Plc should be notified immediately upon the occurrence of the insured event but no later than 72 hours after the said event, through Ibom Airlines limited.
Kindly Note: All claim notifications should be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org
See detailed below the claims requirements
1.CANCELLATION MAIL/SMS (in the case of flight cancellation and delays )
b.INSURANCE CERITIFICATE should be forwarded to: email@example.com
*State the complaint: Ticket Cancelation or delays.*
2. BAGGAGE LOSS / MISHANDLING
▪ The passenger reports any event that may give rise to the claim to Ibom Airlines Limited before leaving the airport and must forward below information to : firstname.lastname@example.org
– ticket, baggage claim tags, boarding pass stub and policy number for date affected.
▪ state the complaint: Baggage loss or Mishandling
▪ For medical emergencies, call the AIICO health emergency number or send a mail: email@example.com quoting name, ticket number and policy number to activate an emergency response. (07002442668228)
And forward the complaint to: firstname.lastname@example.org
▪ You must contact the emergency contact number as soon as medically possible within 24 hours (or someone on your behalf) or your benefits may be reduced and you will be responsible for 30% of the medical expenses covered under your insurance.
▪ Completed claims form if Applicable
▪ Obtain original bills, invoices and receipts for services and treatment you have received for medical care. Ask the doctor or staff to be as specific as possible about the treatment or medication you were given, date it, sign and itemize it if possible for refund.
Forward the Doctors report with the bill to : email@example.com
▪ For hospitalization claims, we will need a complete copy of medical records from the treating facility.
▪ Note: we may require more information depending on the claim.
▪ Contact us on the emergency number (07002442668228) as soon as medically possible or send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
▪ Completed claim form if applicable.
▪ Detailed medical report
▪ Itemized medical bills
▪ Police Report (if relevant).
▪ Death letter claim of the legal beneficiary
▪ Completed claim report
▪ Post Mortem Examination Report
▪ Death Certificate
All of the above requirements are required for claim under the Air passenger Insurance and all documents are to be forwarded to : email@example.com
The number to call is 07002442668228.
Ibom Flyer Program
What is Ibom Flyer?
Ibom Flyer is Ibom Air’s Customer Loyalty Program designed to reward frequent flyers of Ibom Air. Membership of the program provides access to exclusive benefits designed to make travel more rewarding and enjoyable for our customers.
How do I become a member?
To become a member, you must have flown Ibom Air once.
How do I enroll on Ibom Flyer?
You have an option of enrolling on the Ibom Air website or contact us at Ibomflyersupport@ibomair.com.
What are Gold Stars?
Gold Stars are the reward currency earned as a member of Ibom Flyer. They are earned through qualifying flight miles (tier Gold Stars) and bonus Gold Stars on Ibom Air.
What are Tier Gold Stars?
Tier Gold Stars are earned on every flight. They accumulate as you fly to help you move up the membership tiers. The number of Gold Stars earned during a qualification period will determine the membership tier you belong to: Green Flyer, Orange Flyer or Top Flyer.
What are Bonus Gold Stars?
Bonus Gold Stars are earned as extra rewards over and above Tier Gold Stars, either for frequent travel or as members progress higher along the tier levels.
How many Tier Gold Stars do I need to move to the next membership level?
Green Flyer – One flight!
Orange Flyer – 25,000 Gold Stars
Top Flyer – 50,000 Gold Stars
How are Gold Stars calculated?
Gold Stars are calculated taking into account the class of fare you have paid. See How To Earn Gold Stars for more information.
When will gold stars be credited to my account?
Gold stars are credited to your account within 24 hours of a flight on Ibom Air.
Can I use my bonus Gold Stars to move up to the next tier?
No, bonus Gold Stars are available for members to access rewards.
Can I earn gold stars if the name on my Ibom Flyer account does not match the name on my ticket?
No, the names must correspond.
How long are Gold Stars valid for?
Gold stars remain valid for 3 years from when earned for members to access rewards. However, Tier gold stars must be earned in 1 year (for cumulative flights from January 1st to December 31st).
How many gold stars do I require to access reward tickets?
15000 gold stars – One-way domestic economy class ticket
25000 gold stars – One-way domestic premium economy class ticket
Can I use my Gold Stars to purchase tickets for another person?
Yes, members can access rewards for the benefit of others.
How do I claim missing gold stars from Ibom Air?
Kindly call 07062733176 or 08184225587 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once I have joined Ibom Flyer, will I receive a membership card?
Every member of Ibom Flyer program is entitled to get a membership card.
What do I do if my card is lost or stolen?
Contact the loyalty support team to report the stolen or lost card.
Can I upgrade to another cabin using my earned Gold Stars?
Yes, you can, provided you have the required Gold Stars.
Will I receive a higher baggage allowance if I upgrade?
If you upgrade, you will receive the excess baggage allowance applicable to the class of your upgrade.
Who do I contact if I have questions to ask?
Send an email to email@example.com. A member of our team will assist you as soon as possible.
When can I add a membership number to a booking?
Membership number can be added at the point of ticket purchase or at the counter on the day of travel.
Can I still earn Gold Stars if my flight date has passed?
Yes. It is possible to claim Gold Stars for flights taken in the past 4 calendar months but only using the online Missing Gold Stars form.
Why do I get the error message that my membership number does not belong to me?
The name used to make the booking must be spelt and arranged same way as was used during Ibom Flyer registration.
Can I use my Ibom Flyer card as a means of identification for travel?
No. Only a valid means of identification is accepted for travel.