Table of Contents
- Article 1 – Definitions
- Article 2 – General
- Article 3 – Tickets
- Article 4 – Fares, Taxes, Fees and Charges
- Article 5 – Reservations
- Article 6 – Onward Connections
- Article 7 – Check-in and Boarding
- Article 8 – Refusal and Limitation of Carriage
- Article 9 – Baggage
- Article 10 – Schedules, Delays, Cancellations of Flights
- Article 11 – Refunds
- Article 12 – On Board Conduct
- Article 13 – Arrangements for Additional Services
- Article 14 – Administrative Formalities
- Article 15 – Liability for damage
- Article 16 – Time limitation of claims and actions
- Article 17 – Other Conditions
- Article 18 – Interpretation
Article 1 – Definitions
In this document unless otherwise stated:
- “We”, “our” “ourselves” and “us” means Ibom Airline Limited (“Ibom Air”) of Victor Attah International Airport, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria.
- “You”, “your” and “yourself” means any person, except members of crew, carried or to be carried in an aircraft pursuant to purchase of a Ticket. (See also definition for “Passenger”).
- “AGREED STOPPING PLACES” means those places, except the place of departure and the place of destination, set out in the Ticket or shown in our timetables as scheduled stopping places on the route.
- “AIRLINE DESIGNATOR CODE” means the two characters or three letters which identify particular air carriers.
- “AUTHORIZED AGENT” means licensed Passenger sales agent who represents us in the sale of air Passenger transportation services. See Travel Management Company.
- “BAGGAGE” means your personal property accompanying you in connection with your trip. Unless otherwise specified, it consists of both your Checked and Unchecked Baggage.
- “BAGGAGE CHECK” means those portions of the travel document which relate to the carriage of checked Baggage.
- “BAGGAGE IDENTIFICATION TAG” means a document issued solely for identification of checked Baggage.
- “CARRIER” means an air carrier other than Ibom Air, whose airline designator code appears on the travel document.
- “CHECKED BAGGAGE” means Baggage of which we take custody and for which we have issued a Baggage tag/check.
- “CHECK-IN DEADLINE” means the time limit specified by the airline by which you must have completed check-in formalities and received your boarding pass.
- “CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT” means those statements contained in or delivered with your Ticket or Itinerary/Receipt, identified as such and which incorporate, by reference, these Conditions of Carriage and notices.
- “CONVENTION” means the Convention for the unification of certain rules relating to international carriage by air (Montreal 1999) and the modifications to the Convention for the unification of certain rules relating to international carriage by air set out in the second and third Schedules respectively of the Civil Aviation Act, 2006.
- “COUPON” means Electronic Coupon, which entitles the named passenger to travel on the particular flight identified thereon.
- “DAMAGE” includes death, wounding, or bodily injury to a Passenger, loss, partial loss or theft of or other damage to Baggage, arising out of or in connection with carriage or other services incidental thereto performed by us.
- “ELECTRONIC TICKET” means the Itinerary/Receipt issued by us or on our behalf.
- “FLIGHT COUPON” means the Electronic Coupon, and indicates the particular places between which you are entitled to be carried.
- “FORCE MAJEURE” means unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised.
- “NOTICE OF CONTRACT TERMS INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE” means those statements contained in or delivered with your Ticket or Itinerary/Receipt, identified as such and which incorporate by reference, these Conditions of Carriage and notices.
- “PASSENGER” means any person, except members of the crew, carried or to be carried in an aircraft pursuant to purchase of a Ticket. (See also definition for “you”, “your” and “yourself”).
- “PASSENGER RECEIPT” means that portion of the Ticket issued by us or on our behalf, which is so marked and which ultimately is to be retained by you.
- “STOPOVER” means a scheduled stop on your journey, at a point between the place of departure and the place of destination.
- “TARIFF” means the fare, fare rules, charges or related conditions of carriage of and are filed, where required, with appropriate authorities.
- “TICKET” means either the document entitled “Passenger Ticket and Baggage Check” or the Electronic Ticket, in each case issued by us or on our behalf, and includes the Conditions of Contract, notices and Coupons.
- “TRANSFER” means a change from one service to another, with the same or a different Carrier.
- “TRANSIT” means a schedule stop by the Passenger en route to a destination, for less than 24 hours, at a point between the place of departure and destination.
- “UNCHECKED BAGGAGE” means any of your Baggage other than Checked Baggage.
- “UNACCOMPANIED MINOR” means any child within the ages of 5-11 years without the presence of a legal guardian or of which Ibom Air has become the legal guardian for the duration of the journey.
- “SDR” means a Special Drawing Right as defined by the International Monetary Fund.
- TRAVEL MANAGEMENT COMPANIES” means our travel agencies that manage our corporate or business travel program. See Authorised Agent.
Article 2 - General
Except as provided in Articles 2.2, 2.4 and 2.5, our Conditions of Carriage apply only on Ibom Air flights, or flight segments, where our Airline Designator Code ‘QI’ is indicated in the carrier box of the ticket for the flight segment. The Terms and Conditions contained in the Ticket, your itinerary or receipt shall form part of these Conditions of Carriage.
Where carriage is performed by us under a charter agreement, these Conditions of Carriage apply unless Passengers are advised otherwise by or on behalf of the charterer prior to boarding the aircraft.
2.3 Code Share
On some services, we have arrangements with other airlines known as code shares. This means that even if you have a reservation with us and hold a Booking Confirmation showing the “QI” Airline Designator Code for one or more flights, another airline may operate the aircraft/flight. If such arrangements apply to your carriage, the following conditions will apply.
2.3.1 We will advise you of the name of the other airline at the time you make your reservation when you make it with us or, if made through an Authorized Agent, we will endeavor to make sure that the Authorized Agent gives you such information; and
2.3.2 For any such code share flights operated by another airline, these Conditions of Carriage will apply except that the conditions of carriage of the operating carrier will apply to all operational and procedural aspects of the flight, with the result that, for example, provisions relating to baggage acceptance, check-in and boarding, refusal and limitation of carriage, conduct aboard aircraft, schedules, delays and cancellation of flights may differ from these conditions of Carriage.
2.4 Overriding Law
These Conditions of Carriage are applicable unless they are inconsistent with our Tariffs or applicable law in which event such Tariffs or laws shall prevail. If any provision of these Conditions of Carriage is invalid under any applicable law, the other provisions shall nevertheless remain valid.
The carriage of a Passenger on any flight by Ibom Air is, without exception, subject to these Conditions of Carriage:
- any applicable Tariffs filed by us with regulatory bodies;
- the Convention and any other applicable laws;
- Any specific directions given to a Passenger in writing or orally by our staff; and
- The fare rules or Ibom Air redemption rules, as applicable.
2.5 Conditions prevail over Regulations.
Except as provided in these Conditions of Carriage, in the event of inconsistency between these Conditions of Carriage and any other regulations we may have, dealing with particular subjects, these Conditions of Carriage shall prevail.
2.6 Name and Address of Carrier
Our name may be abbreviated to our Airline Designator Codes (QI) in the Ticket. All correspondence, notices etc. should be addressed to Ibom Air Limited, Victor Attah International Airport, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria
Article 3 - Tickets
3.1 General Provisions
3.1.1 We provide carriage on a flight when you present your booking reference number, physical photographic identification: (a valid School, Company or Government issued Photo identification at check-in and at boarding gates), identifying you as the passenger named in the booking and valid travel documentation (e.g. passport, visa) where applicable.
3.1.2 The ticket issued by us or an authorized agent remains at all times the property of the issuing
Carrier. The Conditions of Contract contained in the ticket is a summary of these Conditions of Carriage.
3.1.3 A Ticket is not transferable to another person. If someone other than the passenger named
in the ticket presents a ticket for travel, we have the right to refuse to carry that person. However, if we fail to recognize that the person is not you and as a result transport the person or give the person a refund, we are not obliged to replace your Ticket and we are discharged from all and any liability to provide a refund.
3.1.4 If you have a ticket, which is completely unused, and you are prevented from travelling due
to Force Majeure, provided that you promptly advise us and furnish evidence of such Force Majeure, we will provide you with a credit of the non-refundable amount of the fare for future travel on us, subject to deduction of a reasonable administrative fee.
3.1.5 A ticket is valuable, and you should take appropriate measures to safeguard it and ensure it is not lost or stolen or mutilated.
3.2 Coupon Sequence and Use
3.2.1 The Ticket you have purchased is valid only for the transportation as shown on the Ticket, for the passenger named, from the place of departure to the final destination on the date and for the flight number shown. The fare you have paid is based upon our tariff and is for the transportation as shown on the Ticket. It forms an essential part of our contract with you. The Ticket will not be honored and will lose its validity if all the Coupons are not used in the sequence provided in the Ticket.
3.2.2 Should you wish to change any aspect of your transportation you must contact us in advance. Any additional fare (calculated in accordance with our rules and regulations) and administration fee will be calculated and you will be given the option of accepting the new price or maintaining your original transportation as ticketed. All changes must be made during our contact center opening hours and at least 3 hours before check-in and may only be made by the passenger named in the booking and/or the person who made the original booking. The detailed rules relating to changes of Tickets are contained in the rules and regulations which are posted on the website or available on request.
3.2.3 Should you change your transportation without our agreement, we will assess the correct price for your actual travel. You will have to pay any difference between the price you have paid and the total price applicable for your revised transportation.
3.2.4 Some types of changes will not result in a change of fare. However, other changes such as changing the place of origin of travel (if, for instance, you do not fly the first segment) or reversing the direction of travel, will often result in an increase in price, if the change can be accepted at all. Some fares are valid only on the dates and for the flights shown on the Ticket and may not be changed at all, or only upon payment of an additional fee.
3.2.5 Each Coupon will be accepted for transportation in the class of service on the date and flight for which space has been reserved.
3.2.6 If you do not conform to the Check-In Deadline for any flight without advising us in advance, we may cancel your return or onward reservations. However, if you advise us in advance that you will not be travelling on a particular flight operated by us, we will not cancel your subsequent flight reservations.
3.3 Ticket Validity and Changes
3.3.1 The ticket you have purchased is valid only for the transportation as shown on the Ticket for the passenger named, from the place of departure to the final destination on the date and for the flight number shown. The fare you have paid is based upon our Tariff and is for the transportation as shown on the ticket. It forms an essential part of our contract with you.
3.3.2 A ticket is valid for carriage for one year or as otherwise specified on the ticket from the date of commencement of travel and all travel must be completed within the validity period. If no part of the ticket is used, validity in such case commences from the date of issue thereof, except as otherwise provided in the ticket. If you are unable to travel while your ticket is valid because we:
- Cancelled your flight.
- Delayed your flight to the extent that you have to cancel your travel.
- Omit your scheduled departure stop.
- Are unable to supply you with a confirmed seat.
- Substitute a different class of service.
- Or due to force majeure.
We will extend your ticket to enable you travel on the next available flight. Alternatively, you may request for a refund.
3.3.3 Should you wish to change the date of your transportation, you must contact us in advance. Any additional fare (calculated in accordance with our rules and regulations) and applicable
fee (please see our fees and charges) will be calculated and you will be given the option of accepting the new price or maintaining your original transportation as ticketed. All changes are subject to ticketing fare rules. Changes will be made with a correct booking reference, passenger name and itinerary.
3.3.4 If you wish to make a change to your booking, these Terms and Conditions apply for the flight only and where you have created a booking reference. If you have purchased an additional item or service with us acting as a disclosed agent from a third-party supplier, the third-party supplier’s Terms and Conditions shall apply in addition to these Conditions of Carriage.
3.3.5 If you have purchased a ticket for additional or onward connecting flights, the third-party airline ticket rules apply. Ibom Air accepts no liability to any misconnection as a result of flight changes.
3.3.6 In instances where passenger holding a normal fare ticket is prevented from travelling within
the validity period of the ticket because at the time such passenger requested reservations space on the flight is unavailable, the validity of such passenger’s ticket will be extended until Ibom Air provides a flight with available space in the class of service for which the fare has been paid.
3.3.7 In the event of death of a passenger enroute, the tickets of the persons accompanying the passenger may be modified by extending the validity. Any such modification shall be made upon receipt of a proper death certificate and any extension of validity shall be for a period no longer than forty-five (45) days from the date of the death.
Article 4 - Fares, Taxes, Fees and Charges
4.1.1 Fares apply only for carriage from the airport at the point of origin to the airport at the point of destination and a baggage allowance as stated in our fares and conditions, unless otherwise expressly stated at the time of ticketing. Fares do not include ground transport service between airports and town terminals. Your fare will be calculated in accordance with our Tariff in effect on the date of payment of your ticket for travel on the specific dates and itinerary shown on it.
4.1.2 Applicable fares for carriage are published by Ibom Air or those on behalf of Ibom Air or, if
not so published, constructed in accordance with Ibom Air regulations. Except where it is otherwise expressly provided, the applicable fare is the fare for the flight or flights in effect on the date of commencement of the carriage covered by the first itinerary of the ticket. When changing the itinerary or the date of travel after ticketing, the difference shall be paid by the passenger, in accordance with Ibom Air regulations.
4.1.3 All Cancellations, Modifications and No-Show charges will be as per the fare conditions for the selected fare class.
Applicable taxes, imposed by government or other authority, or by the operator of an airport, shall be payable by you. At the time you purchase your ticket, you will be advised of taxes not included in the fare, most of which will normally be shown separately on the ticket. The taxes imposed on air travel are constantly changing and can be imposed on the date of ticket issuance. If there is an increase in a tax, fee or charge shown on the ticket, you will be obliged to pay it. Likewise, if a new tax, fee or charge is imposed even after ticket issuance, you will be obliged to pay it. Similarly, in the event any taxes, fees or charges, which you have paid to us at the time of ticket issuance, are abolished or reduced such that they no longer apply to you, or a lesser amount is due, you will be entitled to claim a refund. If you do not use your ticket, you will be entitled to claim a refund of any governmental taxes subject to an administrative charge.
4.3 Special Fares
4.3.1 Infant fares
Infants younger than 2 years of age on the date of travel are eligible for infant fares. At check-in, a photo ID or birth certificate of the infant must be presented to the carrier. Infant fares are available on our website and may also be purchased from Ibom Air offices or airport ticket counter.
4.3.2 Child fares
Children aged between 5 to 11 years travelling alone are eligible for Unaccompanied Minor (UMNR) fares. Children aged 2 to under 12 years accompanied by a paying adult are eligible for discounted child fares. Children travelling in Premium Economy Class pay full fare. At check-in and at boarding gate a photo ID and/or birth certificate of the child must be presented to the carrier.
4.3.3 Group fares
- Group fares are available to parties of over 10 passengers.
- Fares will be determined based on the requirements of the group in addition to the fare available at the time of request and are valid for three days (subject to seat availability) if travel is more than 7 days in advance.
- Changes to the originally quoted group size may result in significant changes to the fare depending on demand or availability.
- Fares remain subject to change until such time a deposit is placed to secure seats and prices. The fare will not change with the exception of changes in “pricing currency” or government-imposed taxes.
- Ibom Air will advise an appropriate time for both full payment and release of passenger names, upon which seats are deemed as non-refundable. Any reserved seat that is released to Ibom Air without a name will be cancelled.
- After full payment and release of passenger names, full terms and conditions shall apply.
4.4.1 Fares, taxes, fees and charges are payable in the currency acceptable to Ibom Air. Passengers who pay for their flights with credit/debit cards billed in a currency other than the pricing currency, will be charged by their card issuer in the currency of issue of the card. Ibom Air has no control over the rates of exchange or other charges which may be imposed by the card issuer. If you are entitled to a refund (subject to fare rules) of a ticket purchased in your credit card currency, you may be refunded in the original pricing currency or the transaction currency subject to availability.
4.4.2 When booking on www.ibomair.com, you may be offered the choice to pay in the
currency of your credit card where it differs from Ibom Air pricing currency. This service however may be unavailable for various reasons including unsupported currencies or maintenance.
4.4.3 The conversion rates used to convert USD to the local “pricing currency” may change from time to time and Ibom Air reserves the right to change fares accordingly; a fare is not guaranteed until it is ticketed.
Article 5 - Reservations
5.1 Reservation Requirements
5.1 Reservation Requirements
5.1.1 A reservation accepted and confirmed by us or an authorized agent is deemed as reserved. If a Ticket has been issued by anyone other than us or our authorized agents, we will not accept any responsibility for any loss incurred. In the case of internet bookings, a summary or itinerary will be displayed for print out or sent to your personal email address.
5.1.2 A reservation on a given flight is confirmed by the issuance of a ticket for a specified class of service, date and flight. Ticket will not be confirmed if payment is not received by us. A reservation is not made until you have received a confirmation number and we have received payment.
5.1.3 Our authorized Agent or we, will record your reservation(s). We will provide you with a confirmation reference of your reservation(s) in the case of telephone reservations. In the case of internet booking, the booking confirmation will be displayed on screen on completion of the transaction. You should print this for your records, as you will be required to quote this number at check-in.
5.2 Ticketing Time Limits (TTL)
Fare must be paid in full when a confirmed reservation is made. Once a reservation has been made, a specified period will be advised by us or an authorized agent within which time payment must be made. If the fare has not been paid in full at the expiration of the allotted time or your credit/debit card is declined, we will cancel the reservation at any time without liability. Any fare previously quoted or booked will not be guaranteed.
5.3 Personal Data
You recognize that personal data has been given to us for the purposes of making a reservation; purchasing and issuing a Ticket; accounting, billing and auditing (including checking credit or other payment cards); administrative and legal purposes; statistical analysis; developing and providing services; and facilitating security, immigration, customs and entry procedures, and making available such data to government agencies, in connection with your travel. It is also possible that such data may be used for sales and marketing purposes and that it may be disclosed to entities within Ibom Air or our travel partners. For these purposes, you authorize us to retain and use such data and to transmit it to our own offices, our subsidiaries, authorized Agents, government agencies, immigration, customs, data processors, credit and payment card companies or the providers of the above-mentioned services. This may involve sending your data outside of your country of residence. If you do not wish to receive information from us or our travel partner(s) please write to us at the correspondence address as outlined in Article 2.6 of these Conditions of carriage.
5.4 Seating allocation
We will endeavor to honor advance seating requests. However, we cannot guarantee any particular seat. We reserve the right to assign or reassign seats at any time, even after boarding of the aircraft. This may be necessary for operational, safety or security reasons. Customers with disabilities, pregnant women, children and adults traveling with children are NOT allowed to sit at the emergency exit rows.
5.5 Special Needs
Prior arrangements have to be made for special assistance. Our terms and conditions have to be accepted by you and arrangement will have to be made by us to provide you with special assistance. You are eligible for special assistance if:
- You have a disability (Wheelchair to the ramp)
- You are pregnant.
- You have a service animal
- You need special help (limited mobility or illness)
- You are an unaccompanied minor
Article 6 – Onward Connections
Our connecting passengers, coming from a regional/domestic point on Ibom Air and continuing to an international/ regional destination with Ibom Air, whose flight routes are arranged with a single ticket, should take note of the following:
- Ensure you have the appropriate visa/documentation for your final destination.
- Disembark from the aircraft with your cabin baggage only.
- Ground staff would assist you to the transit lounge.
- Checked-in bag would be received on arrival at the port of arrival or at your port of entry as required in certain countries.
Article 7 - Check-in and Boarding
7.1 A reference number on the Ticket is needed for domestic travel. You must be able to produce identification on request, such as driver’s license, National ID card or voter’s ID card. A passport is required for International travel.
7.2 Physical check-in begins three (3) hours prior to the scheduled time of departure and closes
60 minutes before the scheduled time of departure. For early departures before 0830hours, counters open for check-in at 0530hours. The Check-in desk will close at the Check-in deadline and you must therefore allow ample time to ensure you can check in before this time. We will not accept you for travel and will cancel your reservation if you do not comply with the Check-in deadline or appear to be improperly documented and not ready for travel. We are not liable for loss or expenses due to your failure to comply.7.3 Baggage receipts and Boarding pass must be kept until you complete your travel.
7.4 You must be present at the boarding gate not later than the time specified by us when you check in. Baggage acceptance for passengers that have checked in online closes 60 minutes to scheduled time of flight departure.
Please be advised that our Lagos flights depart from MMA2 (Murtala Muhammed Airport Terminal Two).
7.5 We will cancel the space reserved for you if you fail to arrive at the boarding gate in time.
7.6 We will not be liable to you for any loss or expense incurred due to your failure to comply with the provisions of this Article.
Article 8 - Refusal and Limitation of Carriage
8.1 Refusal of Carriage
We may, at our discretion, refuse to carry you or your Baggage if we have notified you in writing that we would not at any time after the date of such notice carry you on our flights. In this circumstance, you will be entitled to a refund. We may also refuse to carry you or your Baggage even if you have a ticket if one or more of the following have occurred or we reasonably believe may occur.
8.1.1 Such action is necessary in order to comply with any applicable government laws, regulations, orders or an immigration directive from a country to which you are travelling or are to depart from.
8.1.2 If the carriage of you or your Baggage may endanger or affect the safety of the aircraft, or the safety, health, or materially affect the comfort of other passengers or crew.
8.1.3 Your mental or physical state, including your impairment from alcohol or drugs, presents a hazard or risk to yourself, passengers, crew, or to property.
Passengers deemed to be exhibiting any form of intoxication or inebriation are considered capable of posing danger to themselves and others when onboard the aircraft especially in the unlikely event of an emergency.
8.1.4 You have used threatening, abusive or insulting words towards our ground staff or a member of the crew of the aircraft or otherwise behaved in a threatening manner.
8.1.5 You have committed misconduct on a previous flight and we have reason to believe that such conduct may be repeated.
8.1.6 You have refused to submit to a security check on you or your baggage.
8.1.7 You have not paid the applicable fare, taxes, fees or charges.
8.1.8 You do not appear to have valid travel documents, may seek to enter a country through which you may be in transit, or for which you do not have valid travel documents, destroy your travel documents during flight, refuse to surrender your travel documents to the flight crew,
8.1.9 You present a ticket that has been acquired unlawfully, has been purchased from an entity other than us or our authorized Agent, or has been reported as being lost or stolen, is a counterfeit, or you cannot prove that you are the person named in the ticket.
8.1.10 You fail to observe our instructions with respect to safety or security.
8.1.11 You have deliberately interfered with a member of the crew of the aircraft carrying out their duties.
8.1.12 You have made a hoax threat relating to bombs, biological or chemical weapons.
8.1.13 If you are, or we reasonably believe you are, in unlawful possession of illegal drugs.
8.1.14 You have put the safety of either the aircraft or any person in it in danger.
8.1.15 You have committed a criminal offence during the check in or boarding process or on board the aircraft.
In any of the situations above, we may remove you from a flight, even after you have boarded, without any liability on our part, and cancel any subsequent flights on the ticket.
8.2 Special Assistance
Acceptance for carriage of Passengers with reduced mobility special needs (e.g. elderly, visually impaired, developmentally challenged, wheelchair users, blind, deaf, dumb etc.), persons with illness or other people requiring special assistance is subject to prior arrangement with us. Passengers are advised to inform us of any disability or special need at least 48 hours to scheduled time of departure. Passengers with disabilities who have advised us of any special requirements they may have at the time of ticketing, and have been accepted by us, shall not subsequently be refused carriage on the basis of such disability or special requirements. Their acceptance is also subject to special seating availability and they must be accompanied by their able-bodied travelling companion(s) and in some cases medically qualified, who must be able to communicate fluently and assist them in the event of an emergency.
8.2.2 Wheelchairs will be provided without charge. The number of wheelchair passengers shall however be limited.
For the avoidance of doubt, Ibom Air will ensure that customers with disabilities are treated with equal rights and duty of care as all passengers and that they enjoy their flight with us. We provide assistance to customers with questions regarding the process of reservations, check-in, boarding and deplaning, in-flight and upon reaching their destination. Information can be found by calling our representatives at our ticket offices or at the airport.
If a passenger purchases a ticket from an external source and fails to inform the airline about their condition, we will endeavor to do all we can to assist at the airport within our guidelines and policies. We will ensure provision of the following:
- Transport of persons with disabilities (termed PRM) or persons with reduced mobility (termed PRM) of any kind unless there is a specific safety-related regulation that requires us not to do so.
- Transport of wheelchair customers specifically passengers who are able to ascend/descend the aircraft steps and make their own way to the cabin seat but cannot walk long distances. This is coded WCHR passengers. These will only be accepted on Ibom Air flights provided that they are travelling with a companion to assist them onboard in the unlikely event of an emergency.
- Transport of wheelchairs and other assistance devices for personal use at no charge. We also offer boarding, deplaning and changing flights. Attention should be brought to our representatives of the persons’ condition upon ticket purchase.
- If the passenger has not given prior notice to the airline we will still endeavor to ensure that all possible arrangements are made to assist the passenger.
- Pre-boarding to allocate a suitable seat. Customers with disabilities are NOT allowed to sit at the emergency exit rows.
- Receipt of checked wheelchair or other assistance device upon disembarking or at baggage claim.
- Boarding and deplaning of passenger: While we go to great lengths to properly train all our staff, we must be available to help people with disabilities board and exit the plane. However, at this stage our staff are not permitted to hand-carry passengers on and off aircraft, i.e. to directly pick up a passenger’s body in the arms of airline personnel.
- Ibom Air is not equipped to transport medical oxygen or other hazardous materials and/or contained gas either in the passenger cabin or as cargo or baggage.
- Ibom Air is not insured, permitted or equipped to hand carry any passenger that is unable to assist themselves on board an Ibom Air aircraft, even if they are able to walk but need a trained and accredited bearer. This is coded WCHC or WCHS Passenger.
- Our personnel are not insured, permitted or equipped with an onboard wheelchair to be used to take passengers with disabilities to the lavatory.
- Due to the size and category of our aircraft we are not permitted to carry Motorized Wheelchair with dry or wet-cell batteries.
- Ibom Air is not equipped to transport customers who require stretchers, incubators, respirators, or other devices that may rely on aircraft power supply.
- Ibom Air reserves the right to assess a passenger with reduced mobility/special needs e.g. autistic, as compulsorily requiring a travel companion to assist the passenger during the flight, in the unlikely event of an emergency, in the best interest of the passenger, other passengers and the carrier.
8.2.3 Medical / Health
Passengers with broken limbs, who are unwell or injured or suffering from chronic illness, will require a fit to fly certificate from their doctor. Passengers will not be permitted to fly without the correct documentation.
Passengers travelling with medication such as drugs or injectable liquids must carry suitable documentation, such as a prescription, confirming details of the drug and its intended use.
22.214.171.124 In line with NCAA COVID-19 guidelines, all passengers are mandated to wear face masks before boarding and during the flight.
8.2.4 Infants and Children
Healthy new-born babies must be at least 7 days old before they are accepted for travel on all Ibom Air flights. This is upon presentation of a birth certificate of the new-born baby for verification at check-in by the accompanying adult.
No more than one infant (children under two years of age on the date of travel) are allowed per accompanying adult.
Children or infants that are ill or suffer from chronic illness will require a doctor’s certificate, confirming that they are able to fly. Sick children and infants will not be permitted to fly without the correct documentation and accompanied by a parent or guardian or qualified medical professional where applicable.
8.2.5 Expectant Mothers
Expectant mothers may travel on Ibom Air’s flights up to the 34th week of pregnancy, including their return flights. The pregnant Passenger is however expected to fill the pregnant women’s indemnity form, declaring her pregnancy status and term. Pregnant women from the 28th week of pregnancy will require a certificate from their doctor, confirming that they are fit to fly. In addition, sign a pregnant women’s indemnity form, indemnifying Ibom Air of any risks and accepting full responsibility for herself in the unlikely event of emergency. A certificate issued by your midwife is not accepted. Expectant mothers will not be permitted to fly without the correct documentation.
We recommend that in all cases you consult your doctor before flying with us. Ibom Air will not take liability for any complications caused by flying pregnant women.
8.2.6 Unaccompanied Minor
Ibom Air requires to be notified of any Unaccompanied Minor intending to travel on Ibom Air preferably 48 hours to scheduled time of departure. However, the airline may still accept an unaccompanied minor on the day of travel subject to availability of the unaccompanied minor sitting and no later than 3 hours to scheduled time of departure, with all necessary documentation filled correctly.
Article 9 - Baggage
The amount of Baggage you may carry without charge is set out on our website and may change. This is referred to as Free Baggage. You may carry the set amount without additional charge provided it complies with our requirements and our Conditions of Carriage
9.2 Hand baggage
9.2.1 Each Passenger, subject to space availability, is allowed to carry only two pieces of hand luggage weighing not more than 7kg and size not exceeding (45 x 33 x 20cm) or must fit into the Ibom Air hand baggage gauge, in addition to carry-on purse or handbag or laptop.
9.2.2 If your Baggage is in excess of these dimensions or weight, or is considered unsafe for any reason, it must be carried as Hold Baggage and either be within your allowance or attract additional charge.
9.2.3 At check-in two permissible item of hand baggage will be tagged. Any additional items will need to be checked-in as hold baggage.
9.2.4 The passenger shall take full responsibility for the safety and security of his/her hand baggage and cabin baggage throughout the duration of the flight until disembarkation.
9.3 Hold Baggage
9.3.1 The free Baggage allowance of the checked Baggage and unchecked Baggage of every passenger is managed according to the following regulations:
9.3.2 Unless otherwise specified, Ibom Air provides 30kg free baggage allowance for Premium Economy Class and 20kg for Economy Class Passengers on the domestic routes. Free baggage allowance on the regional routes will be subject to allocation.
9.3.3 Children have the same Baggage allowance for adults. Infants are allowed a maximum of 20kg free baggage allowance irrespective of cabin of travel.
9.3.4 For health and safety reasons, Ibom Air cannot accept any individual item exceeding 32kg or with combined dimensions of more than 81cm (height), 119cm (width) and 119cm (depth).
9.3.5 All baggage weight exceeding the free allocation of 20kg and 30kg for domestic flights shall be charged at a rate determined by Ibom Air. For a schedule of fees and charges, please visit our website or any ticket office.
9.3.6 Upon delivery to us of your Baggage which you wish to check we will take custody of and issue a Baggage Identification Tag for each piece of your Hold Baggage. Hold Baggage must have your name or other personal identification affixed to it.
9.3.7 Hold Baggage will, whenever possible, be carried on the same aircraft as you, unless we decide for safety, security or operational reasons to carry it on an alternative flight. If your Hold Baggage is carried on a subsequent flight, we may deliver it to you subject to prevailing circumstances and it being intra destination city delivery, unless applicable law requires you to be present for customs clearance.
9.3.8 Baby buggies, car seats, wheelchairs accompanying the Passengers are carried free of charge.
9.3.9 Each Passenger checking in baggage exceeding 10 Pieces shall notify Ibom Air 48 hours before scheduled time of departure to confirm space availability for the additional bags. This condition does not apply during peak periods e.g. Christmas.
Golf bags specifically shall be allowed an additional 15kg free baggage waiver
9.4 Unacceptable Baggage
You must not include in your baggage:
9.4.1 Items which are likely to endanger the aircraft or persons or property on board the aircraft, such as those specified in the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air and the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Dangerous Goods Regulations, and in our regulations (Nig.CARs).
9.4.2 Items, the carriage of which is prohibited by the applicable laws, regulations or orders of any state to be flown from or to (i.e. contraband).
9.4.3 Items which are reasonably considered by us to be unsuitable for carriage because they are dangerous, unsafe or by reason of their weight, size, shape or character, or which are fragile or perishable having regard to, among other things, the type of aircraft being used.
9.4.4 Domestic knives and similar items and their replicas may be accepted as Hold Baggage, at our discretion, but will not be permitted in the cabin of the aircraft. Such items must be declared at check-in.
9.4.5 You must NOT include in Hold Baggage money, jewelry, precious metals, computers, keys, personal electronic devices, negotiable papers, securities or other valuables, business documents, passports and other identification documents or samples.
If, despite being prohibited, any items referred to in 8.4.1, 8.4.2, 8.4.3, 8.4.4 and 8.4.5 are included in your Baggage; we shall NOT be responsible for any loss or damage to such items.
9.5 Firearms and Ammunitions
9.5.1 Adult passengers must provide valid documentation to prove ownership and legal authority for the possession of the firearm(s).
9.5.2 Firearms and ammunitions are subject to police and security formalities, so check-in 3 hours before departure is recommended.
9.5.3 Sporting Rifles must be carried in a hard travel case, which is lockable and must be submitted to the same protocols as firearms and ammunitions.
9.5.4 A maximum 5 kg of ammunition may also be carried if that is packed compactly and separately.
9.6 Restrictions on Hand Baggage
9.6.1 Weapons, restraining devices, knives and sharp tools or cutting implements such as scissors and screw drivers and some sporting goods such as bats and clubs are prohibited onboard the aircraft. You may be able to bring some of these items as checked Baggage.
9.6.2 Failure to heed to our cabin Baggage requirements may result in us taking away your personal items and we will not be held responsible.
9.7 Collection and Delivery of Hold Baggage
9.7.1 You are required to collect your Hold Baggage as soon as it is made available at your destination. Should you not collect it within a reasonable time, we may charge you a storage fee. Should your Hold Baggage not be claimed within one (1) month of the time it is made available, we may dispose of it without any liability to us.
9.7.2 Only the bearer of the Baggage Check and Baggage Identification Tag, is entitled to delivery of the Hold Baggage.
9.7.3 Where a person claiming Hold Baggage is unable to produce the Baggage Check and identify the Baggage by means of a Baggage Identification Tag, we will deliver the Baggage to such person only on condition that he or she establishes to our satisfaction his or her right to the Baggage.
For reasons of safety and security we may request that you permit a search and scan of your person and a search, scan or x-ray of your Baggage. If you are not available, your Baggage may be searched in your absence for the purpose of determining whether you are in possession of or whether your Baggage contains any item described in 8.4 or any firearms, ammunition or weapons, which have not been presented to us. If you are unwilling to comply with such request, we may refuse to carry you and your Baggage. In the event a scan causes damage to you or an x-ray or scan causes damage to your Baggage, we shall not be liable for such damage unless due to our fault or negligence.
We will not be responsible for, or have any liability in respect of, articles removed from your Baggage by airport security personnel acting in accordance with any applicable regulations.
Passenger refusing to be screened shall be denied boarding according to the regulatory requirements.
Article 10 - Schedules, Delays, Cancellations of Flights
10.1.1 The flight times published on the Ibom Air website, in our Customer Contact Centre or with any authorized Agent may change between the date of publication and the date of departure. We do not guarantee them to you and they do not form part of your contract with us.
10.1.2 Before we accept your booking, we will notify you of the scheduled flight time in effect as of that time, and it will be shown on your ticket. It is possible we may need to change the scheduled flight time and if you provide us with contact information, we will endeavor to notify you of any such changes. If, after you purchase your ticket, we make a significant change to the scheduled flight time, which is not acceptable to you, and we are unable to book you on an alternate flight, which is acceptable to you, you will be entitled to a refund in accordance with Article 11 of these Conditions of Carriage.
10.2 Cancellation, Rerouting, Delays
We will take all necessary measures to avoid delay in carrying you and your baggage.
10.2.1 Except as otherwise provided by the Convention, if we cancel a flight, fail to operate a flight reasonably according to the schedule or, fail to stop at your destination, we shall, at your option, either:
- carry you at the earliest opportunity or where necessary, extend the validity of your ticket; or
- make a refund in accordance with the provisions of Article 11 of these Conditions of Carriage.
10.2.2 Upon the occurrence of any of the events set out in Article 9.2.1, except as otherwise provided by the Convention, the options outlined in Article 9.2.1.a through 9.2.1.b are the sole and exclusive remedies available to you and we shall have no further liability to you.
10.2.3 In the event of cancellation, Ibom Air will not compensate you further than a full refund. This refund can be claimed by writing to the address given in Article 2.6 of this Conditions of Carriage or by email.
10.2.4 If your flight is cancelled other than as a result of extraordinary circumstances which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable steps had been taken, you will be entitled to compensation in accordance with Section 19.10 of Part 19 of the Nigeria Civil Aviation Regulations without prejudice to the right to cancel the flight and claim a refund or re-book an alternative date without additional fees.
10.2.5 Ibom Air flies without any affiliation to other airlines. Therefore, Ibom Air cannot accept responsibility for missed onward connections as a result of any delays to scheduled departure times on either another Ibom Air flight or on an unaffiliated airline.
Article 11 - Refunds
Subject to the terms contained herein, Tickets may be refundable. Tickets may be changed to an alternative flight at the same or higher fare subject to availability, the payment of a change fee and any difference in fare. Full details can be found in our schedule of fees and charges. Please check the fare rules prior to purchasing your Ticket.
11.1.1 On failure by us to provide carriage in accordance with the contract of carriage, refund of the fare or applicable portion thereof shall be made by us in accordance with this Article.
11.1.2 We shall be entitled to make a refund either to the person named in the Ticket or, to the person who has paid for the Ticket, upon presentation of satisfactory proof of payment.
11.1.3 All Tickets issued by our Travel Management Companies must be refunded by the Travel Management Company that issued such ticket. Ibom Air will not refund any ticket issued by a Travel Management Company.
11.1.4 Refunds should be requested only within the ticket validity period. Refunds requested after the ticket expiration date will not be eligible for refund.
11.2 Voluntary Refund
11.2.1 Some tickets are refundable. If a ticket is not used, you will be entitled to claim a refund as specified in the fare rules plus a penalty fee. Tickets may be changed to an alternative flight at the same or higher fare subject to availability, the payment of a change fee and any difference in fare. Please check the fare rules prior to purchasing your ticket.
11.2.2 Ibom Air will issue refund to the person named in the ticket, or to the person who purchased the ticket upon presentation of satisfactory proof. Where a person claiming refund is neither the named passenger on ticket or payment person, a notarized signed letter should be presented with a valid identification card.
11.3 Involuntary Refund
If we cancel a flight or fail to stop at your destination and no alternative flight is available, or if a refund is otherwise due to you under these Conditions of Carriage, the amount of the refund shall be:
- If no portion of the Ticket has been used, an amount equal to the fare paid.
- If a portion of the Ticket has been used, the refund will be not less than the difference between the fare paid and the applicable fare for travel between the points for which the Ticket has been used.
11.3.1 We shall not be liable for any other direct or indirect costs incurred by you as a result of such cancellation or missed destination. You are strongly advised to take out adequate travel insurance for the travel you intend to take.
11.3.2 Applications for refunds must be made in writing to the correspondence address given in Article 2.6 of these Conditions of Carriage.
11.3.3 If there is an option for an immediate refund according to the procedures of Ibom Air, this will be intimated to you on the day of travel disruption/delay or unavoidable schedule change.
11.4 Form of Payment and Currency
We reserve the right to make a refund in the same manner and the same currency used to pay for the ticket.
Article 12 - On Board Conduct
If, in our reasonable opinion, you conduct yourself aboard the aircraft so as to endanger the aircraft or any person or property on board, or obstruct the crew in the performance of their duties, or fail to comply with any instructions of the crew including but not limited to those with respect to smoking, alcohol or drug consumption, or behave in a manner which causes discomfort, inconvenience, damage or injury to other passengers or the crew, we may take such measures as we deem reasonably necessary to prevent continuation of such conduct, including restraint. You may be disembarked and refused onward carriage at any point and may be prosecuted for offences committed on board an aircraft.
12.1.2 If as a result of your conduct we divert the aircraft to an unscheduled place of destination and make you leave the aircraft, you must pay us the reasonable costs of the diversion and any applicable fines.
12.1.3 For the avoidance of doubt, you are not permitted to consume alcohol that has not been purchased from our staff on board the aircraft and in particular Duty Free alcohol purchases must remain unopened. We reserve the right to refuse to serve or sell alcohol to any passenger on board the aircraft.
12.1.4 Smoking is not permitted on any of our aircrafts.
12.2 Electronic Devices
For safety reasons, we may forbid or limit operation aboard the aircraft of electronic equipment, including, but not limited to, cellular telephones, laptop computers, portable recorders, portable radios, CD players, electronic cigarettes, electronic games or transmitting devices, including radio-controlled toys and walkie-talkies. Operation of hearing aids and heart pacemakers is permitted.
Article 13 - Arrangements for Additional Services
If we make arrangements for you with any third party to provide any services other than carriage by air, or if we issue a ticket or voucher relating to transportation or services (other than carriage by an aircraft ) provided by a third party such as hotel reservations or car rental in doing so we act only as your agent. The terms and conditions of the third-party service provider will apply.
Article 14 - Administrative Formalities
You are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents and visas and for complying with all laws, regulations, orders, demands and travel requirements of countries to be flown from, into or through which you transit.
We shall not be liable for the consequences to any passenger resulting from his or her failure to obtain such documents or visas or to comply with such laws, regulations, orders, demands, requirements, rules or instructions.
14.2 Travel Documents
Prior to travel, you must present all exit, entry, health and other documents required by law, regulation, order, demand or other requirement of the countries concerned, and permit us to take and retain copies thereof. We reserve the right to refuse carriage if you have not complied with these requirements, or your travel documents do not appear to be in order.
14.3 Refusal of Entry
If you are denied entry into any country, you will be responsible to pay any fine or charge assessed against us by the Government concerned and for the cost of transporting you from that country. The fare collected for carriage to the point of refusal or denied entry will not be refunded by us.
14.4 Passenger Responsible for Fines, etc.
If we are required to pay any fine or penalty or to incur any expenditure by reason of your failure to comply with laws, regulations, orders, demands or other travel requirements of the countries concerned or to produce the required documents, you shall reimburse us on demand, any amount so paid or expenditure so incurred. We may apply towards such payment or expenditure the value of any unused carriage on your ticket or any of your funds in our possession.
14.5 Customs Inspection
If required, you shall attend inspection of your Baggage, by customs or other Government officials. We are not liable to you for any loss or damage suffered by you in the course of such inspection or through your failure to comply with this requirement.
14.6 Security Inspection
You shall submit to any security checks by Governments, airport officials, Carriers or by us.
14.7 Medical Costs and Diversions
If you are taken ill on board an aircraft and we decide that it is in your interests to divert the aircraft to enable proper medical attention to be obtained, you will be responsible for any medical costs incurred together with any accommodation costs of family or friends who accompany you and the costs of onward transportation from the unscheduled stopping point to your final destination. We recommend that you obtain adequate travel and medical insurance prior to commencing your journey.
14.8 Published Material
Except in the case of our act or omission done with intent to cause damage or recklessly and with knowledge that damage would probably result, we shall not be liable for errors or omissions in timetables or other published material as to the dates or times of departure or arrival or as to the operation of any flight.
Article 15 - Liability for damage
The liability of Ibom Air will be determined by our Conditions of Carriage. Our liability is limited and you are strongly advised to take out adequate travel insurance for the travel you wish to undertake. Our liability provisions are as follows:
15.1.1 Montreal Convention
Unless otherwise stated herein, local and international travel, as defined in the Convention, is subject to the liability rules of the Convention.
15.1.2 Liability for damage to Baggage
- Any liability we have for Damage will be reduced by any form of contributory negligence on your part, which causes or contributes to the Damage in accordance with applicable law.
- We will be liable only for Damage occurring during carriage on flights or flight segments where our Airline Designator Code ‘QI’ appears in the carrier box of the Ticket for that flight or segment. However, we are not liable if and to the extent that the damage resulted from the inherent defect, quality or vice of the baggage.
- We will not be liable for Damage to Unchecked Baggage unless such Damage is caused by our negligence.
- We are not liable for any Damage arising from our compliance with applicable laws or Government rules and regulations, or from your failure to comply with the same.
- Except where other specific provision is made in these Conditions, we shall be liable to you only for recoverable compensatory Damages for proven losses and costs in accordance with the Convention.
- We shall not be liable for any Damage caused by your Baggage. You shall be responsible for any Damage caused by your Baggage to other persons or property, including Ibom Air property.
- We shall have no liability whatsoever for Damage to articles not permitted to be contained in Hold Baggage under 9.3, including fragile or perishable items, items having a special value, such as money, jewelry, precious metals, computers, personal electronic devices, negotiable papers, securities, or other valuables, business documents, passports and other identification documents, or samples.
- The contract of carriage, including these Conditions of Carriage and exclusions or limits of liability, applies to our authorized Agents, employees and representatives to the same extent as they apply to us. The total amount recoverable from us and from such authorized Agents, employees, representatives and persons shall not exceed the amount of our own liability, if any.
- Nothing in these Conditions of Carriage shall waive any exclusion or limitation of our liability under the Convention or applicable laws unless otherwise expressly stated.
- We shall not accept responsibility for the damage or loss of protruding parts such as wheels, straps, pull handles, or other items that are attached to baggage, perishable, damaged or fragile baggage or for minor damage to the exterior of baggage (e.g. scratches, stains, soiling, dents as a result of the normal rigors of transportation by air or for water damage to non-water-resistant baggage).
- We shall not be liable for the safety and security of the passenger’s hand baggage and cabin baggage stowed by the passenger the aircraft overhead bin or under the seat in front of them.
15.2 Death of or Injury to Passenger
In respect of any claim for recoverable compensatory damages arising out of the death, wounding or other bodily injury of a passenger in an accident taking place on board an aircraft (or in the course of any of the operations of embarking or disembarking) on a flight for which our name or Airline Designator Code appears in the carrier box of the Ticket:
15.2.1 In accordance with the Convention, there are no financial limits to our liability for death, wounding or any other bodily injury suffered by a passenger. We have strict liability up to 100,000.00 United States Dollars for each passenger in respect of local travel and 100,000 Special Drawing Rights for each passenger in respect of international travel unless we can prove that the damage was caused by, or contributed to by, the negligence of the injured or deceased passenger. For claims in excess of this limit, we shall be exonerated if we can prove that the damage was not due to our negligence or other wrongful act or omission, or that the damage was solely due to the negligence or other wrongful act or omission of the injured or deceased passenger.
15.2.2 We will without delay, and in any event not later than 15 days after the identity of the natural person entitled to compensation has been established, make such advance payments to such person as may be required to meet immediate economic needs on a basis proportional to the hardship suffered (such amount not to be less than the equivalent of SDR16, 000 per passenger in the event of death). Any such advance payment shall not constitute recognition of liability and may be offset against any subsequent sums paid by us, but is only returnable if the damage was caused by, or contributed to by, the negligence of the passenger or of the person who received the payment, or if the person to whom the payment was made was not the person entitled to compensation; provided that we reserve all other defenses available to us (whether under the Convention or otherwise) and all rights of recourse against any other person, including (without limitation) rights of contribution and indemnity.
15.2.3 We are not responsible for any illness, injury or disability, including death, attributable to your physical condition or for the aggravation of such condition.
Article 16 - Time limitation of claims and actions
Carriage of you and your Baggage is also provided in accordance with other regulations and conditions applying to or adopted by us. These regulations and conditions as varied from time to time are important. They concern among other things; the carriage of unaccompanied minors, pregnant women and sick passengers, restrictions on use of electronic devices and items, and the on board consumption of alcoholic beverages.
16.2 Personal Injury or Death
You must notify us in writing as soon as possible if:
- You have a claim for personal injury.
- Your personal representative has a claim for your death.
- You or your personal representative, as applicable.
16.3 Baggage Claims
16.3.1 Acceptance of Baggage by the bearer of the Baggage Check without complaint at the time of delivery is sufficient evidence that the Baggage has been delivered in good condition and in accordance with the contract of carriage, unless you prove otherwise.
16.3.2 Baggage that does not arrive on the same flight as the passenger who checked it in is considered delayed.
16.3.3 The passenger who checked in the bag is responsible to report the delay to the Ibom Air representative at baggage claim prior to leaving the baggage claim area.
16.3.4 Lost baggage claims are handled in line with the relevant regulations and laws applicable.
16.3.5 If you wish to file a claim or an action regarding Damage to Hold Baggage, you must notify us as soon as you discover the Damage, before departing from the airport. You are advised to inspect your baggage thoroughly before leaving the arrival hall of the airport.
16.4 Limitation of Actions
Any right to Damages shall be extinguished if an action is not brought within two (2) years of the date of arrival at destination, or the date on which the aircraft was scheduled to arrive, or the date on which the carriage stopped. The law of the court where the case is heard shall determine the method of calculating the period of limitation.
Article 17 - Other Conditions
Regulations and conditions concerning these matters are available from us upon request.
Article 18 - Interpretation
The title of each Article of these Conditions of Carriage is for convenience only and is not to be used for interpretation of the text.