Free Baggage Allowance
Ibom Airlines Baggage Policy is as follows:
|Cabin||Checked Baggage||Cabin Baggage|
|PREMIUM ECONOMY CABIN||30kgs total baggage weight.||1 hand bag / laptop bag. DIMENSIONS not exceeding: 40cm by 30cm by 15cm OR 16in by 12in by 6inches AND 5kg weight. And a small trolley bag OR bigger cabin bag to fit our cabin baggage gauge. DIMENSIONS not exceeding: 56cm by 45 cm by 25cm OR 22in by 18in by 10inches AND 10kgs weight.|
|ECONOMY CABIN||20kgs total baggage weight.||1 handbag or laptop bag (guaranteed for cabin to fit under seat). DIMENSIONS not exceeding: 40cm by 30cm by 15cm OR 16in by 12in by 6inches AND 5kg weight. And 1 small trolley OR bigger cabin bag to fit our cabin baggage gauge. (Subject to cabin space availability, this bigger cabin bag may be retrieved for priority hold loading on busy flights). DIMENSIONS not exceeding: 56cm by 45 cm by 25cm OR 22in by 18in by 10inches AND 10kgs weight.|
|INFANT IN BOTH CABINS||20kgs total baggage weight.||A baby care bag to fit our cabin baggage gauge. DIMENSIONS not exceeding: 56cm by 45 cm by 25cm OR 22in by 18in by 10inches AND 10kgs weight.|
|*Standard excess baggage||**Excess Baggage charges are ₦500.00 per extra kilogram.|
|*Single baggage weight exceeding 32kgs||**All items exceeding 32kg weight per piece are subject to space availability and shall have been pre-booked and paid for no later than 24 hours before the flight.|
|*Items of abnormal size and shape||**Such items that would require further fitting and loading consideration shall be pre-booked no later than 48 hours before the flight. Fitting and space availability shall be confirmed and payment done no later than 24 hours before flight.|
* Acceptance of these baggage shall be with the confirmation of the Dispatcher and assurance that all additional fees have been paid and receipted.
** Where a customer requires these services at no notice, all efforts shall however be made to accommodate the customer needs with the clearance of the Dispatcher and without any delay or disruption caused to the flight.
Special Baggage & Equipment Waivers
Sporting And Musical Equipment
These shall be treated as checked baggage and shall attract a charge where applicable. Guitars, rackets, etc. shall be securely packed in protective hard cases as they may require to be hold loaded subject to cabin space availability.
|1 Buggy / Push chair, Car seat and 1 piece of baggage weighing 20kg||Accompanying a travelling infant, age 0yrs to 2yrs shall be carried free of charge.|
|1 wheelchair and 1 walking aid e.g. Walking frame, crutches, walking stick, etc.||Accompanying the customer with reduced mobility, shall be carried free of charge. The customer shall have pre-booked the service no less than 24 hours before the flight, providing all specific details, including dimensions, weight and battery type for the equipment where applicable.|
|Special motorized chairs / buggies||This shall also be accepted free of charge for customers with reduced mobility however the customer with reduced mobility shall have pre-booked the service no less than 24 hours before the flight, providing all specific details, including dimensions, weight and battery type of the equipment.|
* Where a customer requires these services at no notice, all efforts shall however be made to accommodate the customer needs with the notification and clearance of the Dispatcher, ensuring adequate process time to accept the equipment.
Additional Baggage Information
- Online check-in opens 24 hours & closes 1 hour prior to scheduled time of flight departure.
- Baggage acceptance at the airport counter for passengers that have checked in online closes 35 minutes prior to scheduled time of flight departure.
- Purchase of extra baggage allowance will also be available. Weight will be 20kgs per piece.
Counter / Airport Check-In
- Airport check-in opens 3 hours & closes 1 hour prior to scheduled time of flight departure with the exception of the early morning flights for which check-in opens at 5.30 a.m.
- Baggage acceptance for passengers that have checked in online closes 35 minutes prior to scheduled time of flight departure.
- Please feel free to ask at counter for availability of cabin upgrade at great discounts on the day of travel.
- Upgrades could leverage passenger baggage allowance as well.
Cabin Baggage Acceptance At Check-In
- These shall be visually assessed at check-in by the Customer Service Representative, especially for our economy class passengers.
- Passengers are entitled to a small trolley bag and a handbag or a laptop bag. These are considered cabin baggage; however, subject to passenger load, we shall offer free hold acceptance of the bigger cabin bag to enable an expedited boarding process and eliminate the chances of hand baggage delays.
Valuables & Fragile Goods
Ibom air is not liable for damage or loss of fragile goods, perishable goods or valuables. We recommend that valuables are placed in your cabin baggage and brought with you on board your flight.
Dangerous Goods Warning
Ibom Air abides by the Dangerous Goods Regulations of the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) and the International Air Transport Association (IATA). The items listed below are strictly prohibited for carriage on either your person, your hand baggage or checked baggage.
- Flammable liquids, creams, powders and aerosols
- Toxic Substances
- Ink and toner cartridges
- Sharp Objects
- Workman Tools
Left Items / Lost Property
- Customers are encouraged and reminded to retrieve and put away all personal effects in readiness for landing and disembarkation of aircraft.
- Items found on board the aircraft will be stored in arrival station for a period of three months.
- Unclaimed perishable items will be disposed of by close of business same day.