Your Experience Travelling with Ibom Air
Your Safety & Well-Being On Board Ibom Air Flights
- Be assured that your safety and well-being will always be our overriding priority at Ibom Air. Thus you can be assured that any Ibom Air aircraft you board has been thoroughly disinfected and sanitized prior to your boarding it, including the stairs and arm rails on the staircase, the carpet, your seats, your seat armrests, the foldable tables, seat pockets and back of the seat in front of you, the walls, the windows and the overhead baggage bins.
- Be assured that when flying Ibom Air, you have the best quality of cabin air possible on a domestic flight in Nigeria. This is a key benefit of Ibom Air’s ultra-modern fleet of Bombardier CRJ 900 aircraft, which all come factory-fitted with High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters. HEPA filters do not just filter dust in the cabin air, but effectively capture greater than 99.97% of all airborne microbes, including microscopic particles such as bacteria and viruses. The air in our cabin circulates through the HEPA filters every two to three minutes during a flight, continuously removing 99.97% of any contaminants in the air, thus ensuring the highest quality of air in the cabin.
- You will be required to wear a face mask in order to gain access into the airport terminal and to board your flight. Upon boarding, you will be required to keep your face mask on for the duration of your Ibom Air flight. This is for your safety and well-being on the flight, so that you and those around you protect one another. Luckily, all our flights are about an hour long. We believe that the protection of your face masks and continuous filtering out of contaminants in the cabin air by the HEPA filters, should combine to make your Ibom Air flight a very safe experience.
- For your safety and well-being and in line with the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority’s requirements, Ibom Air has suspended our in-flight refreshments service on all our flights until further notice. However, that doesn’t mean that our passengers lose out on our famed in-flight snacks. But we will only hand out our famous ‘hip bags’ of goodies during disembarkation for you to take away and enjoy at your own time.
Arriving At The Airport
- Please note that more time is now required to go through the new protocols around processing of passengers, so plan to be at the airport at least 1 hour and 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time of your domestic flight.
- Also note that everyone is now required to wear a face mask, go through a temperature check and sanitize their hands in order to gain access into the airport terminal. So don’t forget to come to the airport wearing a face mask (the temperature check and sanitizers will be provided by the airport authority).
- At the entrance to the Ibom Air check in area, you will be required to wear a face mask and sanitize your hands before proceeding to join the queue or approach the check-in counter.
- Queueing will be done in line with the ‘social distance markings’ visibly placed on the floor. Abuse of this requirement will be frowned at and might result in offending passengers being denied check-in.
- Please remember that check-in for Ibom Air flights closes 1 hour to the scheduled departure time. This rule will be applied even more stringently now due to the added time requirements for the boarding process.
- Where boarding is done by bus, passengers will board the buses in line with the social distancing requirements of the particular airport.
- At the foot of the aircraft, passengers will line up according to the social distancing requirements as will be communicated by Ibom Air staff. Once again, passengers will be required to wear a face mask, take a temperature check and sanitize their hands in order to gain access unto the aircraft.