What You Need to Know About Flying With Children: A Guide for Flights to Lagos
Traveling with children can be an exciting adventure, but it also comes with its own set of challenges, especially when it comes to flying. If you’re planning a trip to Lagos with your little ones, it’s essential to be well-prepared and knowledgeable about flying with children. In this comprehensive guide, we will provide you with valuable tips and insights to make your journey smoother and more enjoyable. From booking your flights to packing essentials, managing in-flight activities, and ensuring a comfortable experience, this guide will help you navigate the world of flying with children to Lagos with confidence.
Booking Your Flights
- Check out our flights to Lagos and review our FAQs for instructions on flying with infants.
- Review our Children on Board section on our On Board page.
- Consider flight durations and departure times that align with your children’s sleep schedules.
- Book seats in advance.
Preparing for the Flight
- Pack essential items such as diapers, wipes, extra clothing, snacks, and entertainment options for your children.
- Check the airline’s baggage allowance for infants and children and pack accordingly.
- Ensure your children’s travel documents, including passports and necessary visas, are up to date.
- Talk to your child about the upcoming flight, explaining the process and what to expect.
Airport and Security Procedures
- Arrive at the airport early to allow ample time for check-in, security, and other procedures. Please remember for Ibom Air flights that airport check-in opens 2 hours to scheduled time of flight departure with the exception of the early morning flights for which check-in opens at 5.30 a.m. Airport check-in closes 45 minutes before scheduled time of flight departure.
- Utilize family-friendly amenities such as designated family security lanes or play areas, if available.
- Be prepared for the security screening process, including removing items from strollers and going through metal detectors.
- Familiarize yourself with the liquid restrictions for traveling with baby food or formula.
- Encourage your children to swallow or chew during takeoff and landing to help alleviate ear pressure.
- Pack a variety of activities such as coloring books, games, or electronic devices to keep your children entertained.
- Bring snacks and drinks to keep your children nourished and hydrated during the flight.
- Be considerate of other passengers by ensuring your children are well-behaved and respectful of the cabin environment.
- Take short walks or engage in quiet activities to prevent restlessness during longer flights
Comfort and Safety
- Dress your children in comfortable clothing and consider layering to adjust to temperature changes on the plane.
- Carry lightweight blankets, travel pillows, and favorite comfort items to help your children feel more at ease.
- Ensure your children are properly secured in their seats during takeoff, landing, and when the seatbelt sign is on.
- Follow the airline’s guidelines regarding the use of child safety devices such as car seats or harnesses.
Flying with children to Lagos can be a rewarding experience with proper preparation and thoughtful strategies. By considering their needs, packing essential items, and employing in-flight techniques, you can create a more comfortable and enjoyable journey for both you and your children. Remember, patience and flexibility are key when traveling with little ones. Embrace the adventure, make lasting memories, and enjoy your flights to Lagos with your family. Safe travels!